Andrew Groeschel, MFT
Andrew is focused on providing best in practice teletherapy services. A licensed marriage family therapist in both California and Texas, Andrew works out of his Austin office while also providing periodic face-to-face sessions at his San Francisco office. He is well suited to work with clients who require the flexibility of connecting with a therapist virtually via a secure encrypted healthcare video conferencing platform.
Andrew believes therapy is most effective when it focuses on finding solutions and not only revealing old patterns. Andrew brings a special kind of caring curiosity and humor along with a dedicated eye toward mapping present-future aspirations. Andrew has a long history of working in many different settings with many different kinds of people. He has seen and heard it all, in many ways, working with homeless substance abusers to Senior Executives and their families. His clients are infused with tangible possibilities they never were able to act on before working with Andrew. His deftness helps couples, families, and individuals experience and sustain change and feel equipped to meet the challenges of life long after therapy ends. Andrew works with a wide range of issues, from overcoming depression and substance struggles to helping clients discern their life’s calling. He is particularly adept at working with clients in the technology sector and other high stress professions given his history as the husband of a wife in the tech field.
With couples and families, Andrew focuses on the redemptive and healing qualities of appreciation, apology, forgiveness, and hope. In so doing he believes we can revive our latent capacities for resiliency and ever deepening loving partnership. Andrew’s experience as a husband and stay-at-home dad in a cross-cultural, bi-racial relationship and a long history as a counselor in various contexts inform his inclusive therapeutic practice.
- 2015 (On Going): Helen Palmer’s Enneagram in Psychological Assessment – Union Institute
- 2014: Gottman Seven Principles Program Educator Training, Dallas, TX
- 2010: Gottman Couples Therapy Training Level 1, San Francisco, CA
- 2010: Presenter at Association of Transpersonal Psychology Annual Conference, Menlo Park, CA
- 2012: Solutions Focused Brief Therapy – UW-Milwaukee
- 2009 – 2014: Intern, Earth Circles Counseling Center, Oakland, CA
- 2013: Substance Abuse Counselor, Curry Senior Center, San Francisco, CA
- 2008: Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy Training Level 1, Austin, TX
- 2009: Received MA in Integral Counseling Psychology from California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco, CA
- 2007-2009: Dual Diagnosis Counselor and Intern, Westside Community Services, San Francisco, CA
- 2007 – 2008: Trainee, California Institute of Integral Studies Church St. Gestalt Center, San Francisco, CA
- 2006 – 2007: Residential Counselor, Walden House, San Francisco, CA
- 2007 – 2014: Extensive training and supervision with master therapist, Stuart Sovatsky, author of Words From the Soul: Time, East/West Spirituality and Psychotherapeutic Narrative and Advanced Spiritual Intimacy: The Yoga of Deep Tantric Sensuality.
- 2006: Received MA in Communications Studies from University of Houston
- 1999 – 2006: Guidance Counselor and Educator, Strake Jesuit College Preparatory, Houston
- 1996: Received MA in African Studies from University of Texas at Austin
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in California, License Number 79840
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist in Texas, License Number 202440